Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Megadungeon IV - Nodal Dungeon Tourist Map

Every Megadungeon needs a novelty tourist map.  Here's an attempt at one for Keith's "Nodal Megadungeon" which I've spoken about recently.  I'm not sure the map is helpful, but it took a while to doodle and while it lacks useful information it gives some feel and a sense of location at least - not that Keith's flowcharts didn't do an equally good or better job, but this has a doodles involved.  It's the least I can do to support Keith's great project.

Ultimately it ended up a tourist map like the ones you get for major cities which at best give a vague idea of where neighborhoods are located. I'm tempted to do one for the Apollyon and ASE...

5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite kind of map. I used to love these kinds of maps as a kid, especially of places i had never been too. Excellent job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - very good at giving the flavor of the place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I love it. Please go ahead with one for the Apollyon. Also, I'd love to have some examples of room/area descriptions for the Apollyon. I'ver imagined it as a jumble of rusty nautical metal with hints of art deco (little bit like the Bioshock computer games but more ruined).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mention area descriptions for the HMS Apollyon - I am still working on writing up the Fetid Pit as a location.

      Delete